LOFTSAILS Windsurf Sail SKYSCAPE
- Sizes: 5.8 / 6.4 / 7.0 / 7.6
- Model: 2019
- Discipline: Foil
DEDICATED FOIL SAIL
Windfoil dedication. Soft and effective pumping for low winds, and once up on the foil a light and easy feeling. The Skyscape has evolved for 2019: new profiles improve performance over the Skyscape 2018 model. A 5 batten, 3 cam design, the Skyscape is especially reactive to pumping while the cams provide foil stability.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Tekcam2 camber inducer design – easy rotation and gentle to your mast
- SDM and RDM mast compatibility. Tekcam2 Large (installed) and Reduced (in sail bag)
- Metallic cam interfaces – MCIs eliminate contact point degradation characteristic of cam designs without MCIs
- Tubed batten structure – solid stability for the upper end of the wind range
- X-ply batten pockets that alternate sail sides... using similar material for the batten pocket as the body material minimizes the asymmetric character of applied batten pockets. Pockets made with laminates allow the batten to be centered. These features combine to maintain rotation symmetry. In contrast, same-side dacron pockets promote asymmetrical rotation
- Streamlined neoprene boom cutout with dual zippers – limits water entry into the mast sleeve for fast recovery
- Blade mast pocket construction – pocket sides under the tack pulley webbings for rotation ease, clean mast pocket and longevity
- Kevlar strip applications – profile definition, mast pocket stability and longevity
- Durable IYU250 4-part mast pocket – the perfect material between your mast and the elements
- Trim diamond – leech release reference: dial into your sailing conditions
BREATHING, TRIM-REACTIVE DESIGNS.
Wind vision is performance greater than the sum of the parts the board, the rider and the rig become life-like windsurfing at its best! Loftsails designs are alive, breathing, living, with performance available from the rig in all conditions. Forward sail profile orientation, high skin tension and a soft-twisting, exhausting leech work together to produce life-like rigs that expand performance and wind range.
Living, breathing designs are characterized by trim reactivity:
- Soft trim raises the power center; powering-up the rig in light winds.
- Hard trim lowers the power center; streamlining the rig for strong winds.
IPC+ - HARDCORE DURABILITY
IPC – Loftsails simple, effective, exclusive construction technique. At the sail corners, panels are overlapped creating radial extensions into the sail body. The head and tack corners on all Loftsails designs share this feature. The Pure Lip clew is also includes IPC- the seams that extend into the sail body from under the clew allow the “boomzone” panels to extend under the clew eyelet. This creates an integrated two-ply that radiates into the sail body.
METALLIC CAM INTERFACES (MCIS)
With each sail rotation, cam designs without MCIs will experience cam-to-sail contact point degradation. Loftsails exclusive MCIs work with Teckam system to eliminate such deterioration to maintain a clean, efficient leading edge for your Blade. To soften rotation, MCI removal is an easy option.
Loftsails' materials are 1st quality: they engineer their sails with specialized mast pocket styles, state-of-the-art triaxial and bi-axial laminates, woven polyetsers in varying weights and finishings.
Loftsails are produced with progressive construction techniques: multiple scrim- adhesive reinforcements, 5-layer glued seams, extruded pvc edge and batten wear guards, molded batten end wear studs details that produce state-of-the- art sails.
Loftsails hardware is also exclusive: multi-sectioned batten systems (rods and tubes) with location-specific carbon content, precision-ground profile tapers, stainless 3 and 4 roller pulleys and multiple clew eyelets, individual batten tensioning systems top quality components.
Loftsails 2019 batten tensioners- dual side-loops that center & equalize batten tensioner load to the batten/batten pocket/sail body.
LOFTSAILS TEKCAM2 SYSTEM - MAST INTERCHANGEABILITY.
Simple, functional, light, adjustable, durable The Loftsails Reduced and Large Tekcam2s allow both Sdm & Rdm mast compatibility for Racing Blades. No other brand has it. The Tekcam2 system expands performance possibilities by allowing riders to choose the mast of their choice sdms are well suited to larger sail sizes, larger riders and flat water, while rdms are well suited to smaller riders, smaller sizes and rough conditions. Tekcam2s are new, designed with a larger footprint on the mast, longer rollers and larger contact areas above and below the rollers.
EXCLUSIVE BATTEN SYSTEMS - FEEL THE DIFFERENCE
Loftsails builds each Loftsail with specific batten sections and batten tapers to create an optimized internal structure for all sails.
Loftsails batten systems are engineered with:
- 3mm used for microbattens
- 8.5mm used as battens and front ends for tubed battens
- 8.0mm x 12mm rectangular section used for standing battens (like tubes for waves!)
- 8.5mm i.d., 12mm o.d. two types: 30% carb and 100% carb.
- 5.3mm i.d., 8.5mm o.d. 100% carbon
Loftsails rectangular batten section (10mmx7mm rod) is profiled on the wider dimension this forces the rear section to resist flex in its stiffer (standing) orientation. The effect is like tubes (stiff!) and does not suffer fragility in surf.
The Loftsails Pure Lip, 4Wave, Advance and Oxygen designs are equipped at specific locations with exclusive standing battens.
Loftsails are performance-enhanced in the upper end with advanced, exclusive battens systems you can feel the difference!
All Loftsails Blade designs (Racing Blade, Switchblade, Blade FR, Blade RB) include alternate side batten pocket locations on battens that include Tekcam2s. This building technique minimizes the tendency for the sail to prefer one tack over the other.
The result is equalized body profiles from one tack to the other, and ease of sail rotation. Part of this technique is the xply batten pockets with 3 strips of scrim applied. Batten pockets that match the sail body regarding stretch character assists in keeping the batten tension centered.
MOLDED PVC PROTECTORS
- Thermo-foam mast/board pad with uphaul port, batten-tensioner key keeper, line pouch and roll-up strap.
- Molded PVC protectors sewn onto the mast pocket top prevents wear to critical parts while being aerodynamically optimized.· Thermo-foam mast/board pad with uphaul port, batten-tensioner key keeper, line pouch and roll-up strap.
- Soft PVC foot edge, lower batten pocket & foot 2ply seam protectors.
- Soft PVC batten pocket/boom protector applied to batten pocket crossing the boom on our Oxygen, Switchblade, Racing Blade, and Blade FR designs.
For instant answer - open the chat and ask your question. We're active 9.00-17.00 CET.
Is it afterhours? No problem - leave us a message and we’ll respond early the next day.
+48 513 020 570
For those who prefer phone calls - that's our number. You can give us a ring between 9.00-17.00 CET.