PLKB Kite Hook V3
PERFORMANCE FREERIDE & BIG AIR
- Sizes: 6.0 / 8.0 / 10.0 / 12.0 / 14.0
The all new Hook V3 will bring you to new heights. The key of going to new heights is massive depower, higher flying speed and a super steady kite in stormy conditions. That’s when you’re able to take up a size bigger and keep your edge longer. Pulling on the bar should give you a massive boost to shoot you right in the sky.
With the new Hook, PLKB designers achieved just this. The best part of it is that you get a kite that is super comfortable to ride with a huge wind range. It’s quick and playful through its turns and perfect for any condition.
The new Hook is a playful ride to cruise around, jump high and enjoy the view.
Never stop going higher
- BOOSTING & HANG-TIME - The Hook has been designed with maximum progressive performance in mind. The Hook's high AR frame delivers the speed you need to boost big. Its forward speed is easily translated into huge floaty jumps and its smooth controls allow for buttery landings.
- GREAT HANDLING AND KITE FEEDBACK - The Hook features a 4 point, single pulley bridle. This makes the kite smooth, highly responsive while it offers a feeling of effortlessness in its controls. Even depowered all the way the kite remains responsive and quick to turn, coupled with PLKB’s renowned kite stability you’ll feel safe and in control even in the most demanding conditions.
- LIGHT WIND & UPWIND PERFORMANCE - The larger Hooks are amazing in light winds. They are light and well balanced so that they will fly in even the lightest breezes, perfect for riders who want to constantly practice. Thanks to the high Aspect Ratio the Hook has a high flying speed and great upwind drive, making it an excellent hydrofoil option.
- EXCEPTIONAL WIND RANGE - The Hook will get you going earlier and will let you stay out longer. Thanks to the specially constructed leading edge and efficient bridle, the Hook has an exceptionally large and effective wind range. It has great low end power, without sacrificing any of the high end performance.
5-STRUT HIGH ASPECT RATIO
The Hook has been designed with a 5-strut construction, built for massive hangtime, speed and upwind capabilities. Also, the high Aspect Ratio increases the aerodynamics of the wing, and helps your landings by gently placing you on the water. Buttery landings are a must if you’re starting to really push your riding.
HIGH DEPOWER & DIRECT STEERING BRIDLE
The Hook has an arc bridle system with one fork to distribute the power better across the Leading Edge and maintaining a solid shape. Integrated with one pulley to absorb gust better and to make steering a bit lighter, maintaining a very direct feel and response.
SPEED X AERODYNAMICS
The profile is designed to maximise speed and aerodynamics. After intensive sampling, the best profile was created to create a fast wing that flies to the edge of the wind window when needed and create massive speed when needed. It increases high end so you can control your kite longer while sending it for a jump, it shoots you to the moon.
Every PLKB kite was reinforced with bullet proof Kevlar bumpers. These bumpers are filled with lightweight foam to create an absorption layer for crashes or when the kite accidentally got dragged over land. This way your kite lasts longer. This will increase the durability of your kite so you can play longer.
DURABLE TEIJN D2 CANOPY
By using a clever combination of the best materials the industry has to offer and the latest construction techniques PLKB have created the strongest and most durable kites out there.
ADJUSTABLE BAR PRESSURE
All PLKB kites come with adjustable back line settings to adjust the bar feel of the kite. Moving the bridle attachment point back towards the trailing edge will make the steering pressure lighter but will require more movement of the bar. Changing the settings is super easy, just detach the back bridle line and reattach it to your preferred setting to have more or less bar pressure and steering movement. This is a personal decision based on your riding style and experience.
DOUBLE KOOKPROOF PIGTAILS
Forgot what knot your lines were attached to? By adding an extra pigtail to the backlines of the kite, you don't have to think about the right setting for your kite because it's always your favourite.
FIT ALL VALVE
PLKB kites are equipped with a ‘fit-all-valve’ for easy inflation. The bayonet fitting fits all pumps and the large valve opening makes inflation a breeze. You won’t have to spend hours and hours looking for a pump with the right connection, and will be out on the water in no time.
DOUBLE STITCHED LEADING EDGE
Multiple reinforcements improve durability. The leading edge and struts are built with the most durable Dacron. The entire span of the leading edge has been reinforced along the seam with double stitches to protect it from getting damaged when crashing or getting a pounding by waves, making it hands down one of the toughest kites on the market. All the bridle attachment points are reinforced with Dacron patches that are stitched on the inside of the leading edge so, even if all the power is channelled through one bridle point, the kite will not get damaged.
Because the canopy is being cut using computer controlled lasers, the profile of the PLKB kites has become super smooth, limiting all wrinkles from forming in the canopy. This makes the kite more efficient and improves the flight characteristics and become more stable, direct and responsive.
For instant answer - open the chat and ask your question. We're active 9.00-17.00 CET.
Is it afterhours? No problem - leave us a message and we’ll respond early the next day.
+48 513 020 570
For those who prefer phone calls - that's our number. You can give us a ring between 9.00-17.00 CET.