3-CAM PERFORMANCE FREERACE
Freerace performance made easy. In Planchemag's 2019 test, the Switchblade scored perfect 10s for 'ease of access' and 'rotation'. Their verdict: "Peak Performance for all".
Wind magazine agreed. Their 2019 test headline: "Propulsion and control for minis to maxis". Proven performance with 3 cams and 6 or 7 battens (size depending). Moderate width mast pocket. Years of research and development make the Switchblade fast and easy for all.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Blue: full X-Ply... 5 mil biaxial luff and foot panels, 4 mil biax window panels, 3.5 mil biax leech panels,2 mil upper body panels
- Orange: 5 mil biaxial luff and foot panels, 5 mil mono window and 4 mil mono body panels
- Tekcam2 camber inducer design – easy rotation and gentle to your mast
- SDM and RDM mast compatibility. Tekcam2 Large (installed) and Reduced (in sail bag) included with sizes 8.6 and down
- Metallic cam interfaces – MCIs eliminate contact point degradation characteristic of cam designs without MCIs
- Tubed batten structure – solid stability for the upper end
- X-ply batten pockets that alternate sail sides – using similar material for the batten pocket as the body material minimizes the asymmetric character of applied batten pockets. Pockets made with laminate sallow the batten to be centered. These features combine to maintain rotation symmetry. In contrast, same-side Dacron pockets promote asymmetrical rotation
- Streamlined neoprene boom cutout with dual zippers – limits water entry into the mast sleeve for fast recovery
- Blade mast pocket construction – pocket sides under the tack pulley webbing for rotation ease, clean mast pocket and longevity
- Kevlar strip applications – profile definition, mast pocket stability and longevity
- Super durable full IYU250 4-part mast pocket – the perfect material between your mast and the elements
- Trim diamond – leech release reference: dial into your sailing conditions
For instant answer - open the chat and ask your question. We're active 9.00-17.00 CET.
Is it afterhours? No problem - leave us a message and we’ll respond early the next day.
+48 513 020 570
For those who prefer phone calls - that's our number. You can give us a ring between 9.00-17.00 CET.