The Racingblade is Loftsails' dedicated slalom racing sail. On the competition circuit since 2007 under the name Blade, the Racingblade design is developed over the years with attention to blistering acceleration and top speed. Efficient and stable profiles, a relatively free leech, and wide ultra-low drag mast pockets are designed into the Racingblade.
Wide mast pockets require firm tension for smooth airflow efficiency. The Racingblade mast pocket construction is unique: all 3 layers - the mast panel and the two mast pocket sides - are tensioned by the tack pulley webbing.
This construction - first developed by Loftsails - equalizes mast panel and mast pocket loading which is key to achieving the Racingblades firm, clean, easy-rotating leading edge.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Blade mast pocket construction features mast panel and 2 mil triax X-Ply mast pocket sides (3 layers) tensioned directly (all 3 layers under tack pulley webbing) – downhaul tension is equalized between the mast panel and the mast pocket resulting in the Racingblade’s firm, clean, easy-rotating leading edge
- Internal vertical and horizontal Kevlar strip applications at cams – defines profile and augments stability
- Tubed battens with varying carbon content. Top 3 specialized 100% carbon tubes – carbon tubes are lightweight and deliver superior stability at the upper end
- Unique SDM and RDM mast compatibility. Tekcam2 Large (installed) and Reduced (in sail bag) included with size 8.6 and down
- Metallic cam interfaces – MCIs eliminate contact point degradation characteristic of cam designs without MCIs
- X-ply batten pockets that alternate sail sides - using similar material for the batten pocket as the body material minimizes the asymmetric character of applied batten pockets. Pockets made with laminates allow the batten to be centered. These features combine to maintain rotation symmetry. In contrast, same-side Dacron pockets promote asymmetrical rotation
- Streamlined neoprene boom cutout with dual zippers – limits water entry into the mast sleeve, keeping the rig light for fast recoveries
- Tekcam2 camber inducer design – easy rotation and gentle to your mast
- Durable IYU250 4-part mast pocket – the perfect material between your mast and the elements
- 4 mil Dimension Polyant laminated monofilm upper body panels – proven superior performance
- Trim diamond - leech-release reference: dial into your sailing conditions
For instant answer - open the chat and ask your question. We're active 9.00-17.00 CET.
Is it afterhours? No problem - leave us a message and we’ll respond early the next day.
+48 513 020 570
For those who prefer phone calls - that's our number. You can give us a ring between 9.00-17.00 CET.