SWITCHBLADE - 3-CAM PERFORMANCE FREERACE
- Sizes: 5.0 / 5.8 / 6.3 / 6.8 / 7.3 / 7.8 / 8.5 / 9.3
Generated from the successful 2017 edition, the new Switchblade 2018 leads the field again by taking it to the next level of performance in freeride sailing. Renowned for having the widest range of its class, the Switchblade transforms from a low-end powerhouse to a top-end racing weapon thanks to its wide tuning range. For 2018 Loftsails introduces two Switchblades: SWITCHBLADE HD: ultimate longevity and reduced weight- full xply: 5-mil biaxial luff and foot panels, 4-mil biax window panels, and 3.5-mil biax body panels. SWITCHBLADE: 5-mil biaxial luff and foot panels, 5-mil mono window and 4- mil bi-ply body panels. The Switchblade 2018 is tuned race elasticity that one can feel.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Unique SDM and RDM mast compatibility. Tekcam2 Large (installed) and Reduced (in sailbag) included with sizes 8.5 and down.
- Metallic cam interfaces – MCIs eliminate contact point degradation characteristic of cam designs without MCIs.
- Full tubed batten structure – solid stability for the upper end of the wind range.
- Xply batten pockets that alternate sail sides... using similar material for the batten pocket as the body material minimizes the asymmetric character of applied batten pockets. Pockets made of laminates allow the batten to be centred. These features combine to maintain rotation symmetry. In contrast, same-side dacron pockets promote asymmetrical rotation.
- Streamlined neoprene boom cutout with dual zippers – limits water entry into the mast sleeve for fast recovery.
- Blade mast pocket construction - pocket sides under the tack pulley webbings for rotation ease, clean mast pocket and longevity.
- Kevlar strip applications - profile definition, mast pocket stability and longevity
- Tekcam2 camber inducer design - easy rotation and gentle to your mast.
BREATHING, TRIM-REACTIVE DESIGNS
Wind vision is performance greater than the sum of the parts the board, the rider and the rig become life-like windsurfing at its best! Loftsails designs are alive, breathing, living, with performance available from the rig in all conditions. Forward sail profile orientation, high skin tension and a soft-twisting, exhausting leech work together to produce life-like rigs that expand performance and wind range.
Living, breathing designs are characterized by trim reactivity:
- Soft trim raises the power centre; powering-up the rig in light winds.
- Hard trim lowers the power centre; streamlining the rig for strong winds.
METALLIC CAM INTERFACES (MCIS)
With each sail rotation, cam designs without MCIs will experience cam-to-sail contact point degradation.
Loftsails exclusive MCIs work with our Teckam system to eliminate such deterioration to maintain a clean, efficient leading edge. To soften rotation, MCI removal is an easy option.
Simple, functional, light, adjustable, durable The Loftsails Reduced and Large Tekcam2s allow both Sdm & Rdm mast compatibility for Racing Blades.
No other brand has it. Our Tekcam2 system expands performance possibilities by allowing riders to choose the mast of their choice sdms are well suited to larger sail sizes, larger riders and flat water, while rdms are well suited to smaller riders, smaller sizes and rough conditions.
Tekcam2s are new, designed with a larger footprint on the mast, longer rollers and larger contact areas above and below the rollers.
IPC - HARDCORE DURABILITY
IPC - Loftsails simple, effective, exclusive construction technique. At the sail corners, panels are overlapped creating radial extensions into the sail body.
The head and tack corners on all Loftsails designs share this feature. The Switchblade clew is also included IPC- the seams that extend into the sail body from under the clew allow the “boomzone” panels to extend under the clew eyelet. This creates an integrated two-ply that radiates into the sail body.
All materials are 1st quality: Loftsails engineers their sails with specialized mast pocket styles, state-of-the-art triaxial and bi-axial laminates, woven polyesters in varying weights and finishings.
Loftsails are produced with progressive construction techniques: multiple scrim- adhesive reinforcements, 5-layer glued seams, extruded PVC edge and batten wear guards, molded batten end wear studs details that produce state-of-the-art sails.
Loftsails hardware is also exclusive: multi-sectioned batten systems (rods and tubes) with location-specific carbon content, precision-ground profile tapers, stainless 3 and 4 roller pulleys and multiple clew eyelets, individual batten tensioning systems top quality components.
Loftsails 2018 batten tensioners- dual side-loops that centre & equalize batten tensioner load to the batten/batten pocket/sail body.
EXCLUSIVE BATTEN SYSTEMS - FEEL THE DIFFERENCE
Loftsails builds each Loftsail with specific batten sections and batten tapers to create an optimized internal structure for all our sails.
All Loftsails Blade designs (Racing Blade, Switchblade, Blade FR, Blade RB) include alternate side batten pocket locations on battens that include Tekcam2s. This building technique minimizes the tendency for the sail to prefer one tack over the other. The result is equalized body profiles from one tack to the other, and ease of sail rotation. Part of this technique is the xply batten pockets with 3 strips of scrim applied. Batten pockets that match the sail body regarding stretch character assists in keeping the batten tension centred.
Loftsails are performance-enhanced in the upper end with our advanced, exclusive battens systems you can feel the difference!
MOLDED PVC PROTECTORS
Thermo-foam mast/board pad with uphaul port, batten-tensioner key keeper, line pouch and roll-up strap.
Soft PVC foot edge, lower batten pocket & foot 2ply seam protectors.
Soft PVC batten pocket/boom protector applied to batten pocket crossing the boom on Oxygen, Switchblade, Racing Blade, and Blade FR designs.
Molded PVC protectors sewn onto the mast pocket top prevents wear to critical parts while being aerodynamically optimized.
For instant answer - open the chat and ask your question. We're active 9.00-17.00 CET.
Is it afterhours? No problem - leave us a message and we’ll respond early the next day.
+48 513 020 570
For those who prefer phone calls - that's our number. You can give us a ring between 9.00-17.00 CET.