DUOTONE kite EVO SLS 2021
- Sizes: 7.0 | 8.0 | 9.0 | 10.0 | 11.0 | 12.0
- Discipline: Freeride | Freestyle | Wave | Foil
EVO is the most versatile kite in Duotone range, now available in Strong Light Superior technology! SLS kites take advantage of the cutting edge materials and technology to meet the expectations of the most demanding riders.
The EVO SLS is perfect for riders who are not limited to one style of kiteboarding. Calm freeride cruising, big air, crazy wave, old school freestyle, or even foiling. Such a wide range of applications makes it a great kite for beginners, allowing them to experiment and find their favorite style. On the other hand, experienced riders will appreciate its versatility and the advantages of having one kite for every scenario.
In the newest version of the EVO SLS, Duotone introduced several key improvements to its already great design. Kites leading edge and the central struts were replaced by Dacron ones with Penta TX material. New materials now provide additional stiffness of the entire structure, greater durability, and 15% less weight. The side struts are now more flexible, thanks to which the kite has a significantly better drift. In combination with its stiffer structure, it ensures top-tier precision and control.
Whatever you choose to do with your EVO SLS, its performance will delight you and change the way you think about kitesurfing.
- DOUBLE-V PIGTAILS - These pigtails distribute the load of the line connections to the kite, minimizing the risk of fatigue, making the kite less prone to distortion and helps it to steer more smoothly.
- LOAD DISTRIBUTION PANELS - As kite geometry improves, the canopy must continue to resist increasing forces. To spread these forces, Load-Distribution-Panels are used, holding the kite’s shape even under the most extreme loads. In practice this gives a smoother and more consistent performance from the kite in any riding situation.
- TRAILING EDGE FORCE CONTROL - The Trailing Edge Force Control is responsible for the smooth power distribution between the different materials of the kite, forcing the tensions in the right directions. Since 2013 the waves are higher and wider to eliminate stress points between the Dacron Trailing Edge and the Trinity TX Canopy material. This change in construction reduces fluttering marks and ensures that the material is not wearing out.
- MODERN TRAILING EDGE DESIGN - A narrower trailing edge with a lighter combination of materials to reduce wear and to create a slicker kite profile.
- PENTA TX - Penta TX, the guarantee for a sportier, more precise and crisper feel of the kite, achieved by 15% less overall weight and a five times higher tear resistance. Penta TX replaces Dacron and is showing 50% less elongation compared to standard Dacron. Penta TX is a quite stiff material, resulting in a high structural stiffness, especially recognizable in strong wind conditions, leading to less deformation of the overall structure of the kite. It's responsible for a very precise timing when edging, releasing the edge and all steering impulses - the precise and reliable steering of a racing car. Penta TX is used in the leading edge and the center strut.
- FLEX STRUT EVO SLS - The counterpart to a stiff frame are the Flex Struts, between middle and tip struts. They ensure a direct and very reactive feel of SLS kites. The agility of a three-strut kite combined with the stiffness and the solid frame of a 5 strut kite. A softer material enables the Flex Struts to bend and twist in a defined way. Steering impulses are transformed smoothly and fast into turning actions.
- HEAVY DUTY LEADING EDGE CLOSING SEAM - The leading edges of all kites are extremely durable due to a special heavy duty closing seam. The Dacron material at the leading edge is reinforced with a self sticky Insignia Tape and double stitched additionally. The Heavy Duty Leading Edge Closing Seam is resistant to very high tensions and diagonal forces.
- SELF RESCUE HANDLES - The self-rescue handles on the inside of the wingtips can be easily found in case of an offshore break down. They provide a good, comfortable grip while sailing back to the shore during a self-rescue manoeuvre.
- ANTI SNAG - The Anti Snag webbing is preventing the lines from tangling around the tip of the kite. Waterstarts are made easier and safety is increased.
For instant answer - open the chat and ask your question. We're active 9.00-17.00 CET.
Is it afterhours? No problem - leave us a message and we’ll respond early the next day.
+48 513 020 570
For those who prefer phone calls - that's our number. You can give us a ring between 9.00-17.00 CET.