DUOTONE Foil wing Unit 2023
- Sizes: 2.0 / 2.5 / 3.0 / 3.5 / 4.0 / 4.5 / 5.0 / 5.5 / 6.0 / 6.5
- Discipline: Surf & Downwind / Freestyle / Freeride
With the new Unit 2023 Duotone is starting a new era of wing design. Featuring MOD3, a new canopy, that changes everything! The latest edition Unit offers more power, better hang time and improved drift stability.
From the first pump, you’ll notice the additional power MOD3 brings to the wing. With responsive handling through the rigid handles. The 2023 Unit gets you up in flight mode sooner, with an improved grunt and low end allowing you to use smaller-sized wings.
The higher modulus MOD3 fabric holds the shape of the wing with double the strength in warp direction and 3 times (even 7 times at lower force!) the stretch resistance in bias direction compared to traditional canopies.
The small gain in weight becomes secondary once you feel the power, draft stability, and wide range of the new Unit. MOD3 remains fresh like its day one and significantly improves the tear resistance and canopy strength.
But it’s not only the canopy that makes the 2023 Unit Duotone's best wing to date. Designers have optimized the dihedral angle, as well as the tip and strut twist for better drift stability when surfing or flying through basic maneuvers. The extra lift and power deliver more hang time when jumping.
The stronger front handle with better stand-off is another detail that improves the surfing characteristics of the Unit range.
For better visibility Designer Ken Winner implemented the window layout from the Slick SLS to improve vision and overall safety at crowded spots with minimal impact on the lightweight structure of the Unit.
The lightweight rigid handles have become a benchmark in wing design for their direct steering and power transfer allowing the rider quick adjustments through its grip range combined with pump-and-go simplicity and minimal packing size.
Whether you love drawing flowing lines in the surf and open ocean swells, lift and hang time in tacks and jumps or simply like riding with extra horsepower in your engine, the 2023 Unit is yet again another step ahead of the pack!
- POSITIVE LIFT - POSITIVE LIFT – EASY FOR TACKS, LIFTY FOR JUMPS. THE MORE SEGMENTED LEADING EDGE AND PANEL LAYOUT ALLOWED FOR OPTIMIZED CANOPY TENSION AND TWIST, RESULTING IN POSITIVE LIFT EVEN THROUGH GUSTS.
- RIGID HANDLES - RIGID HANDLES FOR DIRECT CONTROL. UNIQUE LIGHTWEIGHT SCREWED-ON HANDLE SOLUTION OFFERS BOOM-LIKE COMFORT AND CONTROL WITH DIRECT STEERING AND A GRIP RANGE OF 26CM PER HANDLE.
- TIGHT CANOPY TENSION - TIGHT CANOPY TENSION AND FINELY TUNED WINGSPAN. SLIGHTLY HIGHER WING SPAN ADDS HIGHER DRIFT STABILITY, BETTER POWER GENERATION, LIFT AND HANG TIME IN JUMPS.
- IMPROVED FRONT HANDLE - NEUTRAL AND EFFORTLESS WHILE SURFING ON THE FRONT HANDLE WITH IMPROVED DRIFT STABILITY.
- OPTIMIZED WINDOW LAYOUT - IMPROVED WINDOW DESIGN FOR SAFETY AND COMFORT.
- MORE GRUNT - IMPROVED POWER DELIVERY WITH MORE GRUNT.
Tight canopy tension and finely tuned wingspan for powerful and direct power delivery, better drift stability, more lift and extra hang time.
STIFF FRONT HANDLE
Neutral and effortless while surfing on the front handle with improved drift stability.
Unique lightweight stronger front handle design with better stand-off. The handles offers boom-like comfort and control with direct steering and a grip range of 26cm per handle.
Optimized window layout for safety and comfort with a reduction in weight.
The Unit is easy and fast to set up and packs down small, which makes it the perfect travel companion. The backpack makes packing and carrying your Unit as easy as it gets and stores your wing in style.
One small batten per side reduces flutter and drag to a minimum and support upwind ability and top end performance.
DUOTONE ENTERS A NEW ERA OF WING DESIGN WITH MOD 3 - A WING SPECIFIC CANOPY!
WHAT YOU FEEL
- More power
- More direct response
- Better pumping efficiency > goes earlier
- Better draft stability
- Increased durability > no wearing out
- Harder to break
MOD3 TECHNICAL INFO
- Modulus of MOD3 is twice as high in warp direction
- 3x as stretch resistant in bias direction (7x less stretchy at lower loads)
- Much higher shape holding ability compared to traditional (Kite) canopy (the canopy of Wings is exposed to about 2x the load per surface area compared to the canopy in Kites)
For instant answer - open the chat and ask your question. We're active 9.00-17.00 CET.
Is it afterhours? No problem - leave us a message and we’ll respond early the next day.
+48 513 020 570
For those who prefer phone calls - that's our number. You can give us a ring between 9.00-17.00 CET.