JP-Australia Inflatable windsurf board Young Gun Air LE WS 8'10'' 2023
YOUNG GUNS ON AIR
- Size: 270
Simply a great windsurf and paddle board for kids, the Young Gun Air features awesome handling advantages:
It can be rolled up and fits into the backpack it comes with – no more need for a roof rack for transport and no big garage for storage.
For paddling you could even take it in the backpack to the beach with your bike.
It is also considerably lighter than any hardboard of this size.
The high tech Drop Stitch Technology makes it so stiff that you will easily get it gliding but the surface itself is so soft that you won’t hurt yourself when falling on it.
The Welded Seam Technology increases the durability. The heat welded connection creates a very strong mechanical joint that literally fuses two parts into one and thus is superior to the standard chemical gluing. This welding process of amalgamating two different layers into one makes the board safer, lighter and stiffer.
Instead of a daggerboard the additional centre fin provides directional stability to reduce side drift and helps to go upwind.
Being longer than the normal Young Gun also helps to go upwind due to its longer waterline length.
This board offers so much fun and is a great kids’ toy
- Inflatable SUP with windsurf option and centre fin
- Welded seam
- 3D stringer
- Colour coded big EVA Deck with microdot structure for good grip and comfort
- Centred carrying strap
- Lighter than any hardboard
WELDED SEAM TECHNOLOGY
The Welded Seam Technology has been introduced two years ago and proved to be successful. The hot-air welding process creates a very strong mechanical joint that literally fuses two parts into one. Therefore this technology is superior to standard gluing (the plasticizers in PVC migrate over time weakening the strength of the chemical bond of the glue). This welding process of amalgamating two different layers into one makes the board safer, lighter and stiffer.
INTUITIVE GUIDE PAD
The colour-coded EVA deck pad works as a guideline where the rider should stand and position their feet.
CENTRED CARRYING STRAPS
Carrying strap in the middle of the deck so that everybody can carry the board on their own.
The 3D stringer is the most innovative solution to increase the stiffness of an inflatable board. It connects the deck, rail and bottom into one strong and solid U-beam. This makes the boards up to 30% stiffer. Furthermore, the 3D Stringer increases the glued overlap surface in the high-stress standing area, resulting in longer durability and more safety of the boards.
DOUBLE LAYER COMPOSITE DROP STITCH
The 2 PVC layers make sure your JP Inflatable is 100% airtight.
TRANSPORT AND STORAGE
Rolled up, the boards fit into a backpack – no more need for a car with a roof rack for transport or a big garage for storage. In times when airlines are hesitant to accept windsurf equipment, the boards’ backpack dimensions are a major advantage!
9.0" + Center 10.0"
- Rail - Outside rail layer glued over the first layer for added stiffness and abrasion resistance.
- Double Layer Drop Stitch - The first PVC layer makes sure your JP inflatable is 100% airtight, and the top PVC layer creates a laminated structure for the ultimate in lightweight performance.
- Inner Rail - First rail layer that is welded to the DS fabric to ensure long-lasting mechanical bond.
- 3D Stringer - The 3D stringer is the most innovative solution to increase the stiffness of an inflatable board. It connects the deck, rail and bottom into one strong and solid U-beam. This has increased the stiffness of the boards up to 30%. Furthermore, the 3D Stringer increased the glued overlap surface in the high high-stress standing area, increasing the safety of the boards.
- Welded Seam Technology - JP-Australia developed the Welded Seam Technology to increase the durability and air tightness of our inflatable boards. The connection between the rail and the drop stitch material is hot-air welded thus creating a very strong mechanical joint that turns these two parts into one. By fusing two different layers together into one part, the welding process makes the board safer and more durable. The plasticizers in PVC migrate over time and weaken the strength of the chemical bond of the glue.
- Pre-Lamination - Triple Layer Composite and Double Layer constructions both include the specially developed process of pre-lamination. This high tech process consists of machine-lamination of the multiple layers into a shell that has accurate thickness as well as superior abrasion and stretch properties. Compared to normal double layer boards we have been able to remove the manual glue application from the process and with it the room for error, the excess weight of the glue and the additional health hazards for workers. The fiber-reinforced layers create super strong and durable boards with a minimal amount of stretch.
The pre-laminated double layer Light Edition construction is the ultimate in light weight. The machine-pre-laminated 2 layers of air tight PVC creates a durable shell of accurate thickness. This shell is then machine laminated directly onto the 500D Polyester Drop Stitch fabric.
- Repair set
- User manual
For instant answer - open the chat and ask your question. We're active 9.00-17.00 CET.
Is it afterhours? No problem - leave us a message and we’ll respond early the next day.
+48 513 020 570
For those who prefer phone calls - that's our number. You can give us a ring between 9.00-17.00 CET.