HYPERION FOIL 2020
Foil Race – The growing and exciting discipline on the PWA Tour requires a very special design mandate. The basic necessity to create high pointing angles upwind coupled with as much stability in the air as possible, whilst at the same time having a board that creates a high amount of lift, yet also cuts the air cleanly and without high drag coefficients is not an easy task but FMX RACING reflect all those characteristics in their new Hyperion collection. This new competitive foil racing novelty is the go-to board for Maciek Rutkowski- a pro windsurfer, PWA contestant and the official FMX RACING rider.
Hyperion 184 - Stability and function, these are the highlight points of this all-new foil race board design. Plane in 4-5 knots of wind or power through the chop in 30-knots of wind, this board can handle any and all foil race conditions that you will likely encounter at any foil race event around the globe. High amounts of volume, especially in the nose, created an excellent platform for very low wind planing ability. This also created more usable power upwind to out point the fleet off the start line and also to have deep and low angles downwind, the key attributes required for success in current foil racing formats.
- All-new ultra-compact and ultra-wide nose/tail shape for increased power and angle upwind combined with solid stability downwind. Excellent glide and acceleration in the air. Very early planing due to the clever volume distribution.
- Refined all-new dedicated foil racing scoop-rocker line for easier handling, explosive acceleration and top-speed in both flat water and choppy foiling conditions.
- T-Beam style coned deck shape – Increases light wind power, drive, general stability and nose trim stability at high foiling speeds
- Reverse Vee bottom shape – Generous vee and double concave configuration in the nose to clear the chop and create a smooth ride especially when touching the nose coming off the foil, transitioning to less vee and dc in the tail for easier tilting of the board angled to the side for earlier planing alongside better glide when touching.
- ‘V3 Vector Cuts’ – All-new straight line cutout design that facilitates clean and effortless water release for ultra-fast planing onto the foil.
- ‘Downwind Dominator’ – Original deck recess area in the middle of the deck gybe area that increases the ability to pump deeper downwind in light wind and have more control overpowered. Fitted with a one-piece 6mm deck pad from rail to rail to facilitate comfort and grip without having to fit subsequent footstraps that get in the way during foil gybes and tacks.
- FOIL Tuttle Strong Box – Double the carbon content, double the wall strength and stiffness, double the width compared to a normal tuttle box, and built with a 100% high-density PVC sandwich body. The result – foils stay tight and the box holds the direct feeling performance even after prolonged use.
- Developed with Maciek Rutkowski.
- No fin included
For instant answer - open the chat and ask your question. We're active 9.00-17.00 CET.
Is it afterhours? No problem - leave us a message and we’ll respond early the next day.
+48 513 020 570
For those who prefer phone calls - that's our number. You can give us a ring between 9.00-17.00 CET.