HYPERION 178LR 2022
Introducing the Hyperion 178LR! "Limited Release" slalom foil PWA pro model.
The 178LR is a next gen design for the rapidly changing slalom foil discipline. Inspired by the trends seen in other foil disciplines such as the AC75 hulls.
Ready for racing, whenever that may be…
The new hull cuts through the wind more efficiently, with lower drag coefficients. Stability has been slightly improved through the use of very vertical rails to balance the board through the air. Whilst the 178 is already an excellent board, the 178LR is overall a slightly better package.
- Durepox Xtreme ® – America’s Cup grade ultra high-tech bottom paint finish currently used by Team NZ!
- Proven faster water and air release for that extra ‘slip’ = higher speeds.
- Harder and more durable than normal paint finishes.
- A windsurfing industry first. Taking it to the next level!
- Read about it here.
- Ultra compact and reduced nose/tail width for reduced power (compared to the upwind designs) for higher crosswind top speeds combined with a very solid feeling of stability under the feet to gain those extra meters of advantage at full tilt. Excellent glide and acceleration in the air.
- ‘Gorilla Backfoot Pad’ – Fitted with a one piece 6mm deck pad from rail to rail on the back foot to facilitate comfort and grip during high speed gybe maneuvers.
- FOIL Tuttle Strong Box – Double the carbon content, double the wall strength and stiffness, double the width compared to a normal tuttle box, and built with a 100% high-density PVC sandwich body. The result – foils stay tight and the box holds the direct feeling performance even after prolonged use.
- Developed with Maciek Rutkowski.
ABOUT FMX Racing
FMX Racing is born from a deep desire to design, shape, test and ultimately deliver world class products to the windsurfing market that racers and customers alike will remember forever.
Drawing from 11 World Titles & 32-years of competition, design and testing experience, Finian Maynard began his windsurfing board building career on Maui in 1992. Having learned his initial skill set as a young man directly from legendary #1 master shaper Jimmy Lewis, and working directly with racing industry legends Richard Greene and Phil McGain, yet more invaluable knowledge, experience and understanding was learned in the historical mecca of windsurfing – Haiku. This ultimately formed a solid base from which a highly successful career was formed.
For instant answer - open the chat and ask your question. We're active 9.00-17.00 CET.
Is it afterhours? No problem - leave us a message and we’ll respond early the next day.
+48 513 020 570
For those who prefer phone calls - that's our number. You can give us a ring between 9.00-17.00 CET.