JP-Australia Inflatable windsurf board FunstAir Sport 200 2022
- Size: 200
The big inflatable windsurf design: On this super stable platform, every newcomer to windsurfing will be able to learn all the basics and to improve quickly. The additional centre fin and the board length provide directional stability and help to go upwind. Its huge planing area can push the advanced rider onto a smooth plane easily. The carrying handle adds to the comfort.
It planes so easily considering that it’s an inflatable. You’ll be surprised how much fun it is to play and perform on this board. The fact that it is slightly softer than composite boards makes it a great gyber as it can give a bit in the turn, almost providing the feeling of a self-adapting rocker line.
Inflatables have clear advantages over hardboards: They are super comfortable and user friendly as they are easy to transport and store. The JP inflatable windsurf boards are specially developed and equipped for planing, featuring hard rails, 3D stringers and more. Additionally, they come in JP’s superior welded technology.
The FunstAIR Sport suits beginners to intermediates to first time planers and also is a great alternative for families.
- Hard trailing edge at the tail (fibre reinforced)
- Welded seam
- 3D stringer
- Integrated Powerbox, center fin
- Double layer construction with reinforced stringers
- Colour coded big EVA Deck with microdot structure for good grip and comfort
WELDED SEAM TECHNOLOGY
The Welded Seam Technology has been introduced two years ago and proved to be successful. The hot-air welding process creates a very strong mechanical joint that literally fuses two parts into one. Therefore this technology is superior to standard gluing (the plasticizers in PVC migrate over time weakening the strength of the chemical bond of the glue). This welding process of amalgamating two different layers into one makes the board safer, lighter and stiffer.
INTUITIVE GUIDE PAD
The colour-coded EVA deck pad works as a guideline where the rider should stand and position their feet.
CENTRED CARRYING STRAPS
Carrying strap in the middle of the deck so that everybody can carry the board on their own.
The 3D stringer is the most innovative solution to increase the stiffness of an inflatable board. It connects the deck, rail and bottom into one strong and solid U-beam. This makes the boards up to 30% stiffer. Furthermore, the 3D Stringer increases the glued overlap surface in the high-stress standing area, resulting in longer durability and more safety of the boards.
TRANSPORT AND STORAGE
Rolled up, the boards fit into a backpack – no more need for a car with a roof rack for transport or a big garage for storage. In times when airlines are hesitant to accept windsurf equipment, the boards’ backpack dimensions are a major advantage!
DOUBLE LAYER COMPOSITE DROP STITCH
The 2 PVC layers make sure your JP Inflatable is 100% airtight.
- Rail - Outside rail layer glued over the first layer for added stiffness and abrasion resistance.
- Double Layer Drop Stitch - The first PVC layer makes sure your JP inflatable is 100% airtight, and the top PVC layer creates a laminated structure for the ultimate in lightweight performance.
- Inner Rail - First rail layer that is welded to the DS fabric to ensure long-lasting mechanical bond.
- 3D Stringer - The 3D stringer is the most innovative solution to increase the stiffness of an inflatable board. It connects the deck, rail and bottom into one strong and solid U-beam. This has increased the stiffness of the boards up to 30%. Furthermore, the 3D Stringer increased the glued overlap surface in the high high-stress standing area, increasing the safety of the boards.
- Welded Seam Technology - JP-Australia developed the Welded Seam Technology to increase the durability and air tightness of our inflatable boards. The connection between the rail and the drop stitch material is hot-air welded thus creating a very strong mechanical joint that turns these two parts into one. By fusing two different layers together into one part, the welding process makes the board safer and more durable. The plasticizers in PVC migrate over time and weaken the strength of the chemical bond of the glue.
- Pre-Lamination - Triple Layer Composite and Double Layer constructions both include the specially developed process of pre-lamination. This high tech process consists of machine-lamination of the multiple layers into a shell that has accurate thickness as well as superior abrasion and stretch properties. Compared to normal double layer boards we have been able to remove the manual glue application from the process and with it the room for error, the excess weight of the glue and the additional health hazards for workers. The fiber-reinforced layers create super strong and durable boards with a minimal amount of stretch.
The pre-laminated double layer Light Edition construction is the ultimate in light weight. The machine-pre-laminated 2 layers of air tight PVC creates a durable shell of accurate thickness. This shell is then machine laminated directly onto the 500D Polyester Drop Stitch fabric.
- Moulded freeride Powerbox fin
- Centre fin
- Repair set
- User manual
For instant answer - open the chat and ask your question. We're active 9.00-17.00 CET.
Is it afterhours? No problem - leave us a message and we’ll respond early the next day.
+48 513 020 570
For those who prefer phone calls - that's our number. You can give us a ring between 9.00-17.00 CET.