JP-Australia Inflatable windsurf board Magic Air 150 2022
- Size: 150
The small inflatable windsurf design: The dimensions of the Magic AIR resemble those of a modern freeride shape and accordingly it has a similar performance and a short-board feeling. It addresses the intermediate to advanced sailor with mainly planing on his mind. Nevertheless, it has more volume than a composite board of the same size, making it easier and more forgiving.
It planes so easily considering that it’s an inflatable. You’ll be surprised how much fun it is to play and perform on this board. The fact that it is slightly softer than composite boards makes it a great gyber as it can give a bit in the turn, almost providing the feeling of a self-adapting rocker line.
Inflatables have clear advantages over hardboards: They are super comfortable and user friendly as they are easy to transport and store. The JP inflatable windsurf boards are specially developed and equipped for planing, featuring hard rails, 3D stringers and more. Additionally, they come in JP’s superior welded technology.
The Magic AIR is the freeride version of JP’s inflatables.
- Hard trailing edge at the tail (fibre reinforced)
- Welded seam
- 3D stringer
- Integrated Powerbox
- Colour coded big EVA Deck with microdot structure for good grip and comfort
- Glue-on marks for additional center fin option
WELDED SEAM TECHNOLOGY
The Welded Seam Technology has been introduced two years ago and proved to be successful. The hot-air welding process creates a very strong mechanical joint that literally fuses two parts into one. Therefore this technology is superior to standard gluing (the plasticizers in PVC migrate over time weakening the strength of the chemical bond of the glue). This welding process of amalgamating two different layers into one makes the board safer, lighter and stiffer.
INTUITIVE GUIDE PAD
The colour-coded EVA deck pad works as a guideline where the rider should stand and position their feet.
CENTRED CARRYING STRAPS
Carrying strap in the middle of the deck so that everybody can carry the board on their own.
The 3D stringer is the most innovative solution to increase the stiffness of an inflatable board. It connects the deck, rail and bottom into one strong and solid U-beam. This makes the boards up to 30% stiffer. Furthermore, the 3D Stringer increases the glued overlap surface in the high-stress standing area, resulting in longer durability and more safety of the boards.
TRANSPORT AND STORAGE
Rolled up, the boards fit into a backpack – no more need for a car with a roof rack for transport or a big garage for storage. In times when airlines are hesitant to accept windsurf equipment, the boards’ backpack dimensions are a major advantage!
TRIPLE LAYER COMPOSITE DROP STITCH
The 2 PVC layers make sure your JP Inflatable is 100% airtight. The Polyester 1000D fabric in between these PVC layers creates super durable composite stretch-resistant structure. The Triple Layer boards also come with fibre reinforced centre stringers in deck and bottom and – in combination with the Welded Rails – will surprise you with their stiffness.
Advanced inflatable construction:
The Pre-Laminated Triple Layer Composite Drop Stitch, Fibre Reinforced Stringers in deck and bottom and Welded Rails will surprise you with their stiffness.
- 3D Rail Stringer: This innovative solution connects the deck, rail and bottom into one strong and solid U-beam which makes this inflatable up to 30% stiffer. Furthermore, the 3D Stringer has an increased glue overlap surface in the high stress standing area, improving the durability of the boards.
- Fibre reinforced deck and bottom stringers offer additional longitudinal stability and stiffness.
- Welded Rail Technology: This heat welded connection was introduced two years ago and proved to be successful. It creates a very strong mechanical joint that literally fuses two parts into one and thus is superior to the standard gluing. This welding process of amalgamating two different layers into one makes the board safer, lighter and stiffer.
- Moulded freeride Powerbox fin
- Repair set
- User manual
For instant answer - open the chat and ask your question. We're active 9.00-17.00 CET.
Is it afterhours? No problem - leave us a message and we’ll respond early the next day.
+48 513 020 570
For those who prefer phone calls - that's our number. You can give us a ring between 9.00-17.00 CET.