The modern shape of the 2017 Pocket is a result of 4-year testing of various compact shapes. It was originally designed for less than perfect waves, but it turned out that the team Tabou loves to sail it also at Hookpa. Although it is quick and easy to drive, it can radically turn at high speed when pressing the back foot while riding on a wave.
During the design process Tabou tested every type of tail and nose shape. The new Pocket 2017 has the best combination: normal shape of the nose and double-diamond shaped tail, which in turn gave the desired mix of maneuverability and comfort. Short length combined with winger shape make radical turns so easy that it was possible to use very flat rocker. That is the reason why Pocket has such fantastic acceleration, even when the wind is light or the current strong.
- Compact outline for tight turning and easy storage off the water
- Normal nose shape for comfort in the surf and chop
- Extra straight rocker in the tail for lots of speed
- Channel bottom for grip in the top turn
- Full rails for a stable, forgiving feel and to make new-school wave tricks easier
For instant answer - open the chat and ask your question. We're active 9.00-17.00 CET.
Is it afterhours? No problem - leave us a message and we’ll respond early the next day.
+48 513 020 570
For those who prefer phone calls - that's our number. You can give us a ring between 9.00-17.00 CET.