RACINGBLADE - SLALOM UNLIMITED
- Sizes: 5.0 / 5.6 / 6.3 / 7.0 / 7.8 / 8.6 / 9.4
Completely redesigned for 2018, the Racing Blade is the ultra-complete slalom performance package for any serious racer. New luff curves, vertical and horizontal shaping, leech tuning and batten profiles make this 2017 double test winning design leap to the next level, ensuring you’ll leave the rest of the pack in your wake.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Blade mast-pocket construction features mast panel and 2 mil triax xply mast-pocket sides (3 layers) that are tensioned directly (all 3 layers under tack pulley webbings)– therefore downhaul tension is equalized between the mast panel and the mast pocket resulting in the Racing Blade’s firm, clean, easy-rotating leading edge.
- Internal vertical and horizontal Kevlar strip applications at cams– defines the profile and augments stability.
- Tubed battens with varying carbon content at specific locations. The upper three battens are unique 100% carbon tubes ultra light and stiff to maximize performance for the upper end.
- Unique Sdm and Rdm mast compatibility. Tekcam2 Large (installed) and Reduced (in sailbag) included with size 8.6 and down.
- Metallic cam interfaces– MCIs eliminate contact point degradation characteristic of cam designs without MCIs.
- Xply batten pockets that alternate sail sides... using similar material for the batten pocket as the body material minimizes the asymmetric character of applied batten pockets. Pockets made of laminates allow the batten to be centred. These features combine to maintain rotation symmetry. In contrast, same-side dacron pockets promote asymmetrical rotation
- Streamlined neoprene boom cutout with dual zippers– limits water entry into the mast sleeve, keeping the rig light for fast recoveries.
- Tekcam2 camber inducer design- easy rotation and gentle to your mast.
- 7 mil monofilm upper mast panel (inside mast-pocket)– augmented profile stability.
- 4 mil Dimension Polyant laminated monofilm body panels– proven superior performance
BREATHING, TRIM-REACTIVE DESIGNS
Wind vision is performance greater than the sum of the parts the board, the rider and the rig become life-like windsurfing at its best! Loftsails designs are alive, breathing, living, with performance available from the rig in all conditions. Forward sail profile orientation, high skin tension and a soft-twisting, exhausting leech work together to produce life-like rigs that expand performance and wind range.
Living, breathing designs are characterized by trim reactivity:
- Soft trim raises the power centre; powering-up the rig in light winds.
- ?Hard trim lowers the power centre; streamlining the rig for strong winds.
METALLIC CAM INTERFACES (MCIS)
With each sail rotation, cam designs without MCIs will experience cam-to-sail contact point degradation.
Loftsails exclusive MCIs work with our Teckam system to eliminate such deterioration to maintain a clean, efficient leading edge. To soften rotation, MCI removal is an easy option.
Simple, functional, light, adjustable, durable The Loftsails Reduced and Large Tekcam2s allow both Sdm & Rdm mast compatibility for Racing Blades.
No other brand has it. Our Tekcam2 system expands performance possibilities by allowing riders to choose the mast of their choice sdms are well suited to larger sail sizes, larger riders and flat water, while rdms are well suited to smaller riders, smaller sizes and rough conditions.
Tekcam2s are new, designed with a larger footprint on the mast, longer rollers and larger contact areas above and below the rollers.
IPC - HARDCORE DURABILITY
IPC - Loftsails simple, effective, exclusive construction technique. At the sail corners, panels are overlapped creating radial extensions into the sail body.
The head and tack corners on all Loftsails designs share this feature. The RacingBlade clew is also included IPC- the seams that extend into the sail body from under the clew allow the “boomzone” panels to extend under the clew eyelet. This creates an integrated two-ply that radiates into the sail body.
All materials are 1st quality: Loftsails engineers their sails with specialized mast pocket styles, state-of-the-art triaxial and bi-axial laminates, woven polyesters in varying weights and finishings.
Loftsails are produced with progressive construction techniques: multiple scrim- adhesive reinforcements, 5-layer glued seams, extruded PVC edge and batten wear guards, molded batten end wear studs details that produce state-of-the-art sails.
Loftsails hardware is also exclusive: multi-sectioned batten systems (rods and tubes) with location-specific carbon content, precision-ground profile tapers, stainless 3 and 4 roller pulleys and multiple clew eyelets, individual batten tensioning systems top quality components.
Loftsails 2018 batten tensioners- dual side-loops that centre & equalize batten tensioner load to the batten/batten pocket/sail body.
EXCLUSIVE BATTEN SYSTEMS - FEEL THE DIFFERENCE
Loftsails builds each Loftsail with specific batten sections and batten tapers to create an optimized internal structure for all our sails.
All Loftsails Blade designs (Racing Blade, Switchblade, Blade FR, Blade RB) include alternate side batten pocket locations on battens that include Tekcam2s. This building technique minimizes the tendency for the sail to prefer one tack over the other. The result is equalized body profiles from one tack to the other, and ease of sail rotation. Part of this technique is the xply batten pockets with 3 strips of scrim applied. Batten pockets that match the sail body regarding stretch character assists in keeping the batten tension centred.
Loftsails are performance-enhanced in the upper end with our advanced, exclusive battens systems you can feel the difference!
MOLDED PVC PROTECTORS
Thermo-foam mast/board pad with uphaul port, batten-tensioner key keeper, line pouch and roll-up strap.
Soft PVC foot edge, lower batten pocket & foot 2ply seam protectors.
Soft PVC batten pocket/boom protector applied to batten pocket crossing the boom on Oxygen, Switchblade, Racing Blade, and Blade FR designs.
Molded PVC protectors sewn onto the mast pocket top prevents wear to critical parts while being aerodynamically optimized.
For instant answer - open the chat and ask your question. We're active 9.00-17.00 CET.
Is it afterhours? No problem - leave us a message and we’ll respond early the next day.
+48 513 020 570
For those who prefer phone calls - that's our number. You can give us a ring between 9.00-17.00 CET.